Thursday, December 5, 2013

Choice 4: 1 John 1–3. That Ye May Have Fellowship with Us and with God



1.    Read 1 John 1:1–4. Describe in writing John’s desire for those he wrote to. Study the following scripture references and then list what these verses teach about how we can come to know God better and have greater joy and fellowship with God:

o       1 John 1:8–10 We need to Love.

o       1 John 2:3–6 Keep His commandments and we shall know Him.

o       1 John 2:9–11; 3:11–19 Love our brother and we will abide in the light. Love one another. “Love in deed and truth.”

o       1 John 2:15–17 Don’t love the world, Love God and do His will and we will abide forever.

o       1 John 2:20–21, 27 Let the Holy Spirit guide and teach you.

o       1 John 3:4–6 Don’t sin and break the law. Abide in the spirit and ye shall become closer to the Father.

2.    Choose one of the ways to have greater joy and fellowship with God as you described it above, and write a paragraph explaining how you can better implement those principles in your life.

 1 John 2:9–11; 3:11–19 Love our brother and we will abide in the light. Love one another. “Love in deed and truth.”

These scriptures tell about loving your “brother.” Often when I hear the term brother I take it to mean everyone around me. To me it is a more general term meaning to love everyone. However in order to apply it more fully to my life I am interpreting it to mean that I need to more fully love my family. I do love them, but I think I need to love them more by being more patient, especially with my new little girls. I get so frustrated with them over small things. It is really tough being a new mommy and of course I love my daughters, but sometimes I lose my cool. They don’t understand my frustrations so it’s really not worth it. I can show them I really love them by being patient. I need to be more patient with my husband as well. I am often having to be patient with him, but I need to be even more so patient with him and show him my love in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment